Anonymous data collection
To the extent that information in connection with your visit to our website is recorded by your respective internet provider, this information is recorded anonymously by us so that no information can be traced back to any person (e.g. browser type/version, time of the contact with the server, average time spent on our website). The IP address of your computer in its entirety is not recorded by us so that the identity of the respective owner cannot be determined.
The website uses e-tracking. This transfers the following user information to us anonymously and only for the purpose of statistics:
This anonymous user information is saved in the server log files in our electronic data processing system. It is not combined with other data.
No information and especially no personal information is passed on to a third party including to our subsidiaries or affiliated companies.
Google uses this information on our account to analyze the use of our website, to compile reports about the activities within the website and to provide us with further services connected to the use of the website and use of the internet. The processing of the data can be used to draw up user profiles under a pseudonym.
We use Google Analytics exclusively with an activated IP anonymization. That means that the IP address of the user is shortened by Google within the member states of the European Union or other countries which are party to the agreement on the European economic zone. The full IP address is only transmitted to a Google server in exceptional cases and shortened there. The IP address of the user determined by the browser is not combined with other Google data.
The users can prevent the saving of cookies by a corresponding setting in their browser software and the users can furthermore prevent the collection by Google of the information generated by the cookie based on the use of the website and the processing of this data by installing the browser plugin which is available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Further information on the use of data for advertising purposes by Google, on settings and the possibilities to object are available at the Google website:
https://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners/ ("Use of data by Google with the use of websites or apps of our partners"), http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads ("Use of data for advertising purposes"), http://www.google.de/settings/ads ("Manage the information which Google uses to display advertising") and http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/ ("Define which advertising Google can display").
Cookies are used at various locations on our website. These serve to make our website more user-friendly and secure. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer and saved by your browser. The cookies used by us are so-called session cookies, i.e. they can be automatically deleted by your browser at the end of your visit through an appropriate setting in your internet browser. Our cookies do not cause any damage to your computer and do not contain any viruses. They do not transfer any personal information from you.
Collection of personal data
Personal data is only collected if you disclose the data to us on a voluntary basis, e.g. for example when entering into and conducting business relationships, registering for personalized services and filling in contact forms. Through disclosure of this information you are deemed to have given your consent for your data to be used for the intended purpose, whereby you may withdraw your consent at any time. Your personal data is recorded only to the extent required and exclusively for the specified purpose. Where necessary you will be asked to consent to your data being stored. Your data will be forwarded or otherwise transmitted to our Group companies only if necessary for the intended purpose (for example if you have inquired about a product) or if you have consented to your data being forwarded (for example when submitting an online job application).
Data will be communicated to government bodies or authorities only if required by law or by court order. Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
We will uphold your legal rights to have your data corrected, deleted or blocked. You may at any time with future effect withdraw your consent for your data to be stored. Naturally if you make a written inquiry to the specified contact address, Goldschmidt Thermit GmbH will advise you which personal data is stored by us.
Our website includes links to the websites of third parties. We have no influence on the current contents of these websites and the way in which they are managed. We are not responsible for the data privacy or content of these websites.
We take all appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the content, connection to and use of our website against unintentional or illegal deletion, manipulation and access, and other abuse. However, please bear in mind that total security when using the internet cannot be completely ensured.
2. Use of our mobile apps
(1) In addition to our website, we also make our mobile apps available (e.g. currently "SMARTWELD", "SMARTWELD DUO", "RAILSTRAIGHT" and "GOLDSCHMIDT DIGITAL") which you can download and install on your mobile device. In this process you are entitled to the rights as described above. In addition to the data already mentioned in our data privacy statement, personal data is also processed to the extent mentioned in the following.
(2) When the app is downloaded the necessary information is transmitted to the respective app store, i.e. in particular your user name, email address, customer account number, time of the download, payment information and the individual device number. We have, however, no influence on this collection of data and in this respect are not responsible. We process this data which is made available to the extent that this is required for the downloading of the app to your smartphone. The data is not stored thereafter.
(3) For the use of the app and in order to enable the functions of the app we also collect the following further personal data: name of the device connected by Bluetooth® to our app, GPS data and time and date, whereby these are only collected and not transmitted. Additional data which is provided voluntarily is also collected (including name or company).
(4) GOLDSCHMIDT DIGITAL App: the app includes information on the digital applications of the Goldschmidt Thermit Group and enables access to all of these applications through routing to the corresponding page in the respective "Play Store".
(5) SMARTWELD or SMARTWELD DUO app: the camera of your mobile end device is used to collect information on consumables via bar codes (camera scans bar code and determines the respective material number). We need to establish your location in order to log the location of the weld for the weld report. After installation of the app you are asked if you wish to allow the transfer of information about your location (opt-in). You can accept or reject this request. If you accept then your location is automatically determined via a positioning service. You can deactivate the automatic determination of your location at any time. If you do not allow the app to determine your location, the app cannot be used. During the welding process data is collected to record the time (time stamp). The email program on your mobile end device is used as required to store and export data. The data is transmitted via Bluetooth® between the welding unit and your mobile end device.
(6) RAILSTRAIGHT app: the email program on your mobile end device is used as required to store and export data. The data is transmitted via Bluetooth® between the measurement device and your mobile end device. We need to establish your location in order to log the location of the measurement. During the measurement process data is collected to record the time (time stamp).
Data protection officer: Rechtsanwalt Torsten Lutze, Klingerstraße 23, 60313 Frankfurt a.M.